Monday, February 2, 2009

Class Three and Four

In the third class, I enjoyed learning about the operas. it was funny to see how much the operas are intertwined in modern society and our everyday life. Such as on little kid shows and in commercials. I never really liked the opera. The thought of listening to people sing so deeply and loudly never really caught my eye. But in this class i saw the amount of work that went into their vocals. It was kinda cool, but still not really my cup of tea if you know what i mean.

In the fourth class, i did however enjoy broadway alot more. And just seeing the history of broadway fascinated me. And once again, this is because i'm a history minor i don't mind learning about stuff like that. But also, in highschool, i use to be on the crew for our drama club. So, my job was to be in charge of the sets along with the rest of the crew. we built the sets, and painted them, helped with props, set up the sets in btw curtains. That's somethign that i liked to do. and I've seen many plays while doing it. Such as the Fiddler on the Roof, Guys and Dolls, and the Music Man. So this class kinda just reminded me of the highschool days.

1 comment: